Two teens died when their autos collided on I-70 just east of Rifle, propelling one vehicle into a semi-truck.
One of the autos was traveling in the wrong direction on the highway. The truck driver wasn't hurt in early Sunday's mangled wreck in Garfield County.
The state patrol said:
"The initial investigation shows that a blue 2022 Subaru, driven by a 17-year-old male, was going the wrong way, driving eastbound in the left westbound lane of I-70. A 2026 orange Peterbilt semi hauling a trailer, driven by a 35-year-old male, was traveling westbound in the right lane of westbound I70. A gray 2004 GMC Yukon, driven by an 18-year-old female, was westbound in the left lane of westbound I-70, passing the Peterbilt.
"The Subaru struck the GMC Yukon head-on in the left westbound lane, and the GMC then struck the trailer being hauled by the Peterbilt."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.